Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Additive Drops August 2023

2 posters

Go down

Additive Drops August 2023 Empty Additive Drops August 2023

Post by Electricboa Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:07 pm

Extra Extra, READ ALL ABOUT IT

—--

ADDITIVE DROPS: Princess Kneesaa + Captain Rex

If you do not have Princess Kneesaa or Captain Rex at 7* or Shard equivalent, you will see additive drops for Princess Kneesaa and Captain Rex in the coming days. There will be 6 nodes for each character for you to farm on.

Date Start: 08/19/2023
Date End: 08/23/2023

DROID BRAIN EVENT

This is not a drill, there will be Droid Brains dropping from 4 Cantina nodes from 8/19 to 8/23!

To access these drops you must have either Princess Kneesaa or Captain Rex at 7*

Double Drops Event

LETS GO!!!!

Start: 08/23/2023
End: 08/27/2023

Where:

Light Side Battles
Dark Side Battles
Cantina Battles
Fleet Battles

Electricboa
Electricboa
Admin

https://swgoh.gg/p/613136164/

Back to top Go down

Additive Drops August 2023 Empty Re: Additive Drops August 2023

Post by Electricboa Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:13 pm

A bit unfortunate with the timing, since a lot of people are going to be using all their crystals on the Leviathan, but I guess if you have some extra it might be worth doing. Especially if you are going to go for GL Leia sooner rather than later.

Doing droid brains only for people who have one of them at 7-stars is a little iffy. I mean the people who basically spent to get at least one of those characters to 7-stars aren’t going to be the ones that need droid brains. But I suppose everyone gets something out of it.
Electricboa
Electricboa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:49 am

Electricboa wrote:A bit unfortunate with the timing, since a lot of people are going to be using all their crystals on the Leviathan, but I guess if you have some extra it might be worth doing. Especially if you are going to go for GL Leia sooner rather than later.

Doing droid brains only for people who have one of them at 7-stars is a little iffy. I mean the people who basically spent to get at least one of those characters to 7-stars aren’t going to be the ones that need droid brains. But I suppose everyone gets something out of it.

If the droid brain drops came a few days after the Rex and Kneesa drops, I'd say fine because it would give players a chance to finish either one of those characters. But as it stands, the only players with either of those characters at 7 stars are the ones who spent money or blew through their stash of crystals. So, a nice bonus for them but as you said, those players likely don't need them all that much. Anyway, I'm happy to get some extra Rex and Kneesa shards. I'm just trying to figure out whether it's smarter to just go all in on Rex or split the energy between him and Kneesa.

And there's a part of me that thinks Relic 10 isn't too far off. It's not like CG to give away high-end mats out of kindness to the players.

Marc
Marc

https://swgoh.gg/p/616414628/

Back to top Go down

Post by Electricboa Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:06 pm

Future people are saying the drop rates on Rex and Knessa are actually pretty good. About 1,000 energy got one person 40 Rex shards. You can farm Kyrotech nodes and get the shards, too, so it’s a win/win. Honestly, that sounds like it would be worth doing even if you aren’t going to do Leia right away. You’re going to eventually need to farm the new characters and it’ll be way faster to get a jumpstart now than to hard node farm them later. At the very least, Rex will let you run an extra Clone team in 3v3 if you don’t have Phoenix geared that high.

I’m not sure how it’ll work Rex vs Knessa. Since I already finished Wicket and Chirpa, Knessa would get me a 3v3 team, too. I haven’t really heard anything too amazing about Ewoks with Knessa, so I’m not that likely to relic anyone else for a 5v5 team. Phoenix Rex makes Phoenix a lot more viable. Would I really want to relic three more Phoenix? That’s tough. I’m assuming GL Ahsoka will eventually require them, but probably not all of them. It would hurt to relic them and find out the ones you didn’t do are the ones you need.

I am mildly concerned about R10. It’s no question CG is going to do it, but I almost think it’ll come with the Endor raid. I’d be surprised if they just did it randomly out of nowhere. If I recall, R8 and R9 came with new raids. And they are going to want to punish guilds who don’t chase Leia right away.

My guild did a survey not that long ago about the satisfaction with our merger and what people are farming. Everyone said they’re going to be farming Leia as soon as possible, so we’re mainly going to limited by how long it takes to FTP farm the requirements. If they do events like this one again, it’ll speed that up a lot. You figure the only reason I’m not dumping a ton of crystals into it is the Leviathan. But I’ve got 2k more than I need to finish the ship, and they’re almost all going into this.

Edit: Looks like LS is Rex and DS is Kneessaa. I would probably say Rex is the better choice because Kneesaa isn’t farmable yet. There is a chance she goes to the Cantina, which would be a faster farm. Rex is already on a hard node.
Electricboa
Electricboa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:34 am

I ended up focusing on Rex shards. Currently at 0/100.
Marc
Marc

https://swgoh.gg/p/616414628/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down