Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Themistocles Account Thread

3 posters

Go down

Themistocles Account Thread Empty Themistocles Account Thread

Post by Themistocles Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:31 pm

Hi all,

Now that I have Rey, the question is how do I scrape together a B-team Resistance team that's not complete garbage.  For record, my A-team is GL Rey, JTR, Hero Bros, Ben Solo.

There seems to be quite a few good "leftovers" such as BB8, R2, Finn OG and Holdo.  Im willing to G11 Zorii and throw a omi at her.  Ive heard that the B-team under Zorii can kill CLS' on defense.  Is there a best in class Resistance B-Team with Zorii?  And is it any good on defense?

Bonus question - I still cant find good conclusive YT video evidence of whether or not Savage should be an R7.  Any new scuttlebutt here?
Themistocles

https://swgoh.gg/p/625523141/

Back to top Go down

Themistocles Account Thread Empty Re: Themistocles Account Thread

Post by Electricboa Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:48 pm

Well, the normal other team for Resistance is:

Finn (L), Poe, Vet Han, Vet Chewie, and Holdo

It’s not that great. Maybe a C-grade team? It’s something you can put on defense as filler, but don’t expect it to be that difficult to beat.

Now that you have Rey and Resistance, there are some creative ways you can use them. As an example, you could put Holdo on your Rey team and get JTR for her own separate team:

JTR (L), BB-8, R2, Finn, and Poe

You could also put the Vets on there instead of Poe and Finn. The JTR team is better than the Finn one. If you do want to keep JTR with Rey (that is a stronger version of her team than Holdo), then R2 and BB-8 can be used elsewhere.

If you put BB-8 on a Grievous team, it gives them a big TM advantage that you can use against Starkiller teams. It’s more consistent than Nute on Grievous’ team. It's also work keeping in mind that Nute might end up going over to Trench’s team anyway. So BB-8 can fit in with Grievous more nicely.

If your CAT is faster than your opponent’s CAT, you can use R2 in mirror matches against other JMK teams to not lose anyone. Instead of using CAT to take out their GK, swap TM with R2. He puts stealth on everyone except JMK and their CAT will waste their one-shot on your JMK.

Outside of that, I guess you could always use 50R-T if you wanted. She’s actually not bad and can take any leftover droids.

All that is without considering Zorii. I really didn’t watch any gameplay with her. I know she’s supposed to make the basic Finn team better, which is going to be a good reason to eventually go for her. I probably wouldn’t bother with her until she’s 7-stars. And with all the omicrons out there, I don’t think she’s that high on the list. I don’t know how much your guild is into TW, but I’d do Mace and Sidious before Zorii. Or hold on to it. There will always be new ones. I wouldn’t do an omicron unless it’s really transformative.

Though when it comes to omicrons, you might want to look at Ben. All of his are decent, but Force Dyad is by far the best. Personally, I did all three because he’s always going to be with Rey, so it’s not like he’s ever really going to lose viability. And all the omicrons are helpful.

I think Savage really depends on how you intend on using him. I think that greatly affects how high relic he needs to be and whether that would be worth it. As an example, you can put Savage on his own team with fodder Sith like Dooku, Maul, and Sidious. The positive there is your opponent can’t just throw weak stuff against it. On the other hand, it’s very vulnerable to anything that can one-shot like Nihilus or OG Mando.

If you put Savage on a better Sith team, like DR or Malgus, there’s more incentive for your opponent to use a stronger team or a GL against them. It’s similar if you decided to put Savage on SEE’s team for defense. Makes it better against non-GLs, but probably won’t do anything against GLs that can normally beat SEE. So how much does his relic level really add? I think it will depend on what your opponent uses against it. More is better, but there’s an upper limit where even R9 wouldn’t matter when SLKR is tearing through the team.

If we’re talking offense, then the burden of relic level shifts to you. Higher relics would mean more consistency and what teams you can take out. Like I’ve seen an R7 Savage beat a weaker R7 SEE in 3v3. But how often do you see SEE on defense? As for non-GL teams, I’m sure you can look on YouTube for practical examples.

The truth is I think Savage’s time in the limelight has kind of passed. It’s like with QGJ or Zam. There’s a period where everyone wants them, but after a while other omicrons come out that are more useful. I would personally leave him at R5 unless you find a really good reason to go higher. Especially with the new TB, a lot of characters need relics and Savage isn’t going to do much outside of GAC. R5 gets you all the Datacron usage. You could probably give him a health primary arrow, though, if you have one. He gets TM when he’s critically hit, so his speed is largely irrelevant.
Electricboa
Electricboa
Admin

https://swgoh.gg/p/613136164/

Back to top Go down

Post by Themistocles Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:46 pm

Hi Boa,

After doing some talks with some other folks, I have decided to go with Finn OG Lead, Poe OG, Trooper, Rose, Zorii.  The feedback is extremely positive and Zorii is for sure getting her zetas and omi.

I might be so "in" on this team that I might even consider giving Rose her zeta and omi (even though the feedback-giver was telling me he was already killing Starkillers and CLS teams without Rose's omis).

I have another question and I should have asked this first.  Even though I plan on leaving my Rey-Ben on defense most of the time, if I do need to take her into battle with my: Rey-JTR-Ben-Hero Bros lineup what is my optimal sequence of events?  To be honest, Ive stared at their kits for awhile now and besides doing lifeforce first, Im not really sure what to do next on a Rey team on offense.

For Hero Finn, what I assume the middle special goes first, but who do I give it to (Im assuming Hero Poe?)?  For JTR Im assuming the middle special goes first and do I call Rey with it?  And with Hero Poe, on his specials I can select a resistance ally, but Ive looked at those kits and Im not really sure why I'm selecting an ally and what does it do once I select them.  Some help would be most appreciated! 

The SLKR double tank team is waaaay easier to understand in terms of their optimal sequence of events IMO...
Themistocles

Back to top Go down

Post by Electricboa Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:10 pm

Even at G11? I’m usually too hesitant to use anything below G13 anymore in GAC. I just end up waiting until then before using them. You figure waiting will give more people time to try her out. I only say that because I’ve gotten overeager with omicrons before, like FOTP or some of Malgus and I kind of wish I could have them back.

How often do you see CLS and Starkiller on defense? I rarely see CLS in 5v5 because he can counter so many teams. Starkiller is about 50/50, since some people use him to counter Rey teams. Though I can see how ger omicron could be good against a lot of teams. She will probably be a must-have for anyone with Rey.

Rey pretty much does lifeblood most of the time. That gives her whole team bonus protection that doesn’t go away. Pre-Ben you’d put lifeblood on RH Finn, but with Ben he should probably get it. As long as he’s alive, Rey can’t die. Whenever a LS on her team (or herself) drops below 50% health, Rey can use whirlwind. In most cases, Rey will do lifeblood twice and trigger the 50% threshold on herself.

The big thing with Rey is deciding whether to use her ultimate or whirlwind. Ultimate doesn’t do as much damage because it’s spread out more over the whole team, but your team doesn’t really take any damage. Whirlwind is better for single-target take-downs, but you could use your team if they’re low. Also, enemies taken out by whirlwind cannot revive. You can use that in mirror matches for Ben. Her basic is mostly for when you can’t use lifeblood because her health is too low or you just need a damaging attack to take someone out.

RH Finn wants a lot of speed. I usually do first special and give it to RH Poe. Poe uses either special and he will give inspire to someone else when he has inspired. But he can’t gain it himself. He needs to be given it by RH Finn or Rey. Basically, Rey does a lot of stuff for inspired allies, so spreading it around is good.

JTR doesn’t really have to do anything except be there. RH Finn will make her taunt with his second special. As time goes on and JTR is inspired, she’ll increase her mastery, which has evasion. After enough time, she’s Neo and will dodge almost everything.

Ben is there to keep Rey alive, but he can do decent damage. If you have his Redeemed omicron, his attacks ignore protection. You can sometimes take someone out that way. Family Legacy is the main special to use. It dispels all the enemy buffs and puts armor shred on the target.
Electricboa
Electricboa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Themistocles Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:18 pm

I am about 2 zetas away from beginning to plop zetas down on Jabba requirements.

Which of the Jabba reqs are worth their zetas?

Im thinking of:

Fennec, Boussh, Skiff Lando...and honestly that might be it?

I heard Krrsantan's zeta is worthless under Jabba lead, is that true?  How's Krr's omi?

I dont think Im really ever going to use Greedo, Jawa, UroR, and Mob Enforcer, and Gam Guard.  Right?

And I dont need Aurra's zetas to make an effective Aurra/OG Mando BH squad I believe.
Themistocles

Back to top Go down

Post by Electricboa Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:59 am

Fennec is an okay zeta. I think it really depends on how you’re using her. She gets 20% TM when overconfident is lost. She applies it and you can use Greef to cleanse it for the TM. That being said, you’re using her in two main areas. In TW, Scion Boba is a more consistent counter to LV if you have his leadership omicron. In GAC, you’re using her as your leader. Greef is going to be cleansing you, so that could help get her an extra turn here and there. The zeta probably helps with consistency, though I’ve never specifically looked at it working. I had the zeta on before I ever used her like that.

Boushh’s zeta might be the most important on the whole Jabba team. Her assists are what get you to the payout and ultimate so quickly.

Skiff Lando’s zeta lets him give an ally a bonus turn. That can be situationally useful if you need someone to do something. Maybe you want Jabba ro go to cleanse your team or you want to clear the debuff off Krrsantan and he can attack. It’s not a super important one on the team, but you’re pretty much always going to use him with Jabba so you will probably want to in time.

I’m honestly not sure about Krrsantan. I never used him pre-zeta. Is the Dismember cool down 8 turns? If so, the zeta might be worth considering. I doubt it would really turn the tide of any battle, though. Krrsantan is pretty much there to take hits.

I think his omicron is not that great. You get +50% max protection, which is good. Beign immune to ability block is okay, but not that amazing. The part about taunting when a leader falls below 50% health is basically useless. You’ll pretty much always use him with Jabba and Jabba can’t be targeted that easily. He’s always the last one standing and that’s the only time you might drop below 50% health—when everyone else including Krrsantan is already gone.

Greedo’s zeta lets you stun someone with his second special if they are reduced to less than 20% TM. It’s okay, but I kind of doubt you’d really use Greedo in anything.

Gamorrean Guard is a bit of a unique case. You don’t need his zeta right now. You’d probably be better off using OG Boba as your 5th, since you don’t have Embo. His omicron is also worthless right now. Jabba is able to use random characters in the R8 planet and get one or two waves. But the last two R9 planets could be a lot of difficult where Gam Guard’s omicron could make a difference? But you would need to have the whole team at R9, so it might very well be a year or more before any guild is doing the R9 planets seriously. For the zeta, I was going to say you could put him on a non-Jabba Hutt Cartel team in 3v3, but apparently he doesn’t get defense up with his kit without Jabba and he needs defense up to taunt.

Aurra Sing’s zetas are both pretty pointless. Her special zeta is going to become obsolete when the new raid comes out. The old raids won’t be running and you can’t use her with the Krayt Dragon raid anyway, even if it could be toppled. Her leadership doesn’t really matter, either. You’re really only using it to get to the payout for OG Mando to one-shot. A lot of times, you’ll end up using Bossk or Fennec lead anyway.

Jawa and Mob Enforcer don’t have zetas. You also probably won’t ever use them for anything. URoRR doesn’t have a zeta, either. You could eventually use him with a Tusken team, but that won’t be for a while at least.

Electricboa
Electricboa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Themistocles Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:52 am

Re: Fennec, I mostly am going to use her to clean up LVs.  Doesnt she do that on a solo v solo battle?  Therefore, there are no allies and so wouldnt the zeta be less useful there?
Themistocles

Back to top Go down

Post by Electricboa Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:03 pm

I have never used Fennec solo in any context, though you’re right about the zeta being useless in that instance. I have no idea if she can 1v1 LV. She might be able to do it. To be fair, I don’t really go into it with the intention of needing two attempts.

In fact, BHs with Fennec can actually outright beat some weaker LV teams. If they use Maul with Mandalorians, you have a shot. It ranges from around 40-80% depending of what they put with LV. In 3v3, you have a very good win rate against any LV team without Maul. Fennec (L), Greef, and Mando do amazing work. I used that a couple times in the last 3v3 season.
Electricboa
Electricboa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Themistocles Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:36 pm

So what's the anti-LV Fennec team if she's not solo?
Themistocles

Back to top Go down

Post by Electricboa Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:53 pm

Fennec (L), Greef, and OG Mando

Fennec (L), Greef, OG Mando, Bossk, and Zam/Beskar Mando/Scion Boba

For 3v3, it’s shockingly easy. LV puts a bunch of debuffs on your team, Greef cleanses. Fennec’s payout is dispelling 20 debuffs. Without Maul on the team, LV just can’t ramp up enough damage before you get to your payout and one-shot Royal Guard.

5v5 is way les consistent. I haven’t done this one, but it seems to be largely dependent on if the LV team uses Maul or OG Vader. The more damage they can do, the less of a shot you get. With Maul, you’re looking at a 40-50% chance. It’s not bad, but I’m not a fan of those odds. OG Vader is around 50-66% win rate for Fennec. High relic Bossk would probably help weather Maul. If they put LV with a bunch of tanks and/or support like Thrawn or Tarkin, it can get even higher:

https://swgoh.gg/gac/who-to-attack/FENNECSHAND/?season=36

Now, you don’t really know what Datacrons, if any were used. Right now, there are a couple that can help Fennec be more effective, so that can tilt things her way a bit. LV could have the Datacron that revives a tank one time. So there’s always going to be some wiggle room and modding is always going to be important. My guild has a template for modding different teams. This is the one for Scion Boba (for TW, but the Fennec modding works everywhere:

Boba Fett, Scion of Jango Mod Set Of Offense
Boba Fett, Scion of Jango Omicron Count >= 2
Boba Fett, Scion of Jango Physical Damage is >= 9K
Boba Fett, Scion of Jango Critical Chance is not >= 90
Boba Fett, Scion of Jango Speed is < Bossk Speed
Boba Fett, Scion of Jango Speed is > Greef Karga Speed
Bossk Speed is >= 320
Greef Karga Speed is >= 310
Boba Fett Speed is >= 260
Boba Fett Potency is >= 70
Fennec Shand Relic Level is >= 6
Fennec Shand Mod Set Of Offense
Fennec Shand Triangle Primary is Offense
Fennec Shand Special Damage is >= 11.5K
The Mandalorian Critical Chance is >= 100
The Mandalorian Speed is >= 230
Electricboa
Electricboa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Themistocles Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:53 pm

Has anyone fought an Executrix - Scythe on defense?  I can only find YT videos of it on the attack, countering Prof.  I need to kill one on defense and I have my own Prof, Neg, Mal, and full FO fleet at my disposal.
Themistocles

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:31 am

I did today. Starting lineup was Scythe, TIE Fighter and Vader's TIE. Interceptor was the first reinforcement.

Not sure how useful this will be, but I used 2 fleets to clear that fleet today. Used FO first and was able to take out Scythe. Then used a mirror match with Executrix, Scythe, TIE Fighter and TIE Defender to clean it up.

Marc
Marc

https://swgoh.gg/p/616414628/

Themistocles likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Themistocles Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:48 pm

I dont know if he had poorly geared Scythe but I used straight up old fashioned Mal against it, and it seemed to do just fine.  I was prepared to two clear it, but didn't need to.
Themistocles

Back to top Go down

Post by Electricboa Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:00 pm

I have not. I think that’s because the Kyber 1 gets kinda weird on the defense teams. My opponents either save all their best fleets for offense or put their best on defense. Scythe is a very good offense fleet. If you ever go against a Holdo fleet, you can really undersize that win. I’ve literally used Scythe, OG TIE, and Gauntlet without any reinforcements against full Holdo fleets and I can get 76 or 77 banners.

You just hit their tank with OG TIE’s special. Holdo will put buffs on their team, Scythe dispels them and beefs up your team. Gauntlet gives protection up based around the buffed health, and you just tear them apart. I put my Thrawn on defense with the Interceptor and Defender.

On defense, I’m not sure how good the Scythe is. The AI will do dumb things like randomly attack the summoned TIEs. A real player won’t. It’s kind of like how FO is really good on offense, but not that much on defense.
Electricboa
Electricboa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down