Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darth Malgus

2 posters

Go down

Darth Malgus Empty Darth Malgus

Post by Electricboa Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:26 am

[ Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]
xyp6wm0bkk7h.jpg

UNIT NAME: Darth Malgus
ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
CATEGORIES: Tank, Leader, Sith, Sith Empire
Legendary Sith Lord who causes doubt among his foes and heralds the return of the Sith Empire

ABILITIES:

BASIC: Unfettered Rage (Zeta)
a9vkkh8z6bcw.gif

Final Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 50% chance to attack again, doubled if the target is a Jedi. On the second attack, Darth Malgus gains 20% Max Health (stacking, max 100%) until the end of the encounter. These attacks can't be countered or evaded. Sith Empire allies gain Critical Damage Up for 2 turns.

SPECIAL 1: Deprive Senses (Omicron) (Cooldown 3)
hcxakxgsg1nu.gif

Final Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Blind and Shock for 2 turns. If the target was already Shocked, Shock all enemies for 2 turns and inflict Ability Block on the target enemy for 2 turns. Darth Malgus Taunts for 2 turns.

While in Grand Arenas: Debuffs inflicted by this ability can't be resisted, and Sith Empire allies gain Critical Chance Up for 2 turns. If the target was already Shocked, deal true damage to all other enemies and Darth Malgus gains 50% Turn Meter.

SPECIAL 2: Dark Deception (Zeta) (Cooldown 4)
ojyqmss2fe0z.gif

Final Text: Deal true damage to target enemy equal to 40% of Darth Malgus' Max Health and inflict Doubt on them for 2 turns. If Darth Malgus is in the Leader slot and not the ally slot, this Doubt can't be resisted. Increase target enemy's cooldowns by 1, which can't be resisted. Darth Malgus gains Protection Up (20%) and additional Protection Up (5%, stacking) for each debuff on each ally for 2 turns.

Doubt: Can't gain bonus Turn Meter or buffs or recover Protection

Leader - Legacy of Power (Omicron)

Final Text: Sith Empire allies are immune to Turn Meter reduction. For each Sith Empire ally at the start of battle (excluding summoned allies), Sith Empire allies have +10% Critical Chance and Max Health and +10 Speed.

The first time any other ally falls below 50% Health, at the end of that turn all enemies are inflicted with Fear for 1 turn, which can't be dispelled, evaded, or resisted.

Darth Malgus is immune to Stun and Fear. Whenever Doubt expires from an enemy, Sith Empire allies gain a stack of We Have Returned for 4 turns, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented.

We Have Returned: +5% Critical Damage and Offense per stack

While in Grand Arenas: Sith Empire allies have +50% Mastery, +30 Speed, and +80% Critical Avoidance and damage they receive is decreased by 15%. Whenever a Sith Empire ally is inflicted with a debuff, they recover 10% Health and Protection. Whenever Doubt is dispelled on an enemy, that enemy is inflicted with Expose for 2 turns, which can't be resisted. While enemies are inflicted with Doubt, they have -20% Speed, -20% Tenacity, and -30% Critical Damage.

At the start of battle, if all allies are Sith (excluding summoned allies), Darth Malgus gains an additional 50% Max Health and Max Protection and 60 Speed. At the start of battle, Darth Malgus recovers 100% Health and Protection.

UNIQUE: Korriban's Legacy (Omicron)

Final Text: At the start of battle, Darth Malgus gains 5% Max Health and Max Protection for each other Sith ally, and 10% Max Health and Max Protection for each other Sith Empire ally. Darth Malgus takes reduced damage from percent Health damage effects, is immune to Healing Immunity, and while debuffed, gains 10% Defense and Health Steal. While Darth Malgus is Taunting, he has +60% counter chance, +20% Defense, and -20% Tenacity.

If all allies were Sith at the start of battle: At the start of each encounter Darth Malgus Taunts for 2 turns. Whenever Doubt expires on an enemy, that enemy is inflicted with Fear for 1 turn. The first time each turn Doubt is dispelled on an enemy, two random enemies who didn't already have it are inflicted with Doubt for 2 turns at the end of that turn. These debuffs can't be resisted.

While in Grand Arenas: If all allies were Sith at the start of battle: Instead, the first time each turn Doubt is dispelled on an enemy, all other enemies that didn't already have it are inflicted with Doubt for 2 turns at the end of that turn, which can't be resisted.

QUESTIONS

Question: The lead omicron for Malgus says for each SE ally at the start of battle, SE Allies gain +10% Crit Chance, Max Health, and +10 speed, does Malgus include himself?

Answer: Yes

Questions: Does doubt function like a normal debuff? If so, and it could theoretically be removed via an ability from Malgus’ team like culling blade, does that count as an ‘expiration’ or a ‘dispel’?

Answer: Yes, Doubt functions as a normal debuff and an ability like "Culling Blade" would count as a Dispel"

Question: Does Doubt stack?

Answer: No
Electricboa
Electricboa
Admin

https://swgoh.gg/p/613136164/

Back to top Go down

Darth Malgus Empty Re: Darth Malgus

Post by Electricboa Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:23 pm

After playing him a bit, Malgus is interesting outside of GAC. I put him on defense in GAC and used JMK against my opponent’s Malgus, so I really didn’t see him in action there.

I’ve used him in each of the DS TB phases. In P3, I didn’t even use DR on the team. He makes the team very durable and seems like he will 4/4 all phases. Talon is definitely his best friend. I think you can probably auto the TB battle with them. His second special that does bonus damage based on Malgus’ max health hits really hard. At R7, my Mlagus has 139k health. I can definitely see him being one of those worth taking to R8. I’m just not ready to do that with Jabba and the Profundity on the horizon.

The set 3 bonus for Malgus that lets him reset his cool downs every turn would probably mean he could realistically beat GLs. I saw video of him beating Rey in 3v3, but being able to continually do big hits would make him kind of broken.

Electricboa
Electricboa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:05 am

I've used him in phases 2 and 3 of LSTB so far with a triple tank team of Malgus, DR, BF, Malak, and SET.

You've done well modding him at 139k health. Mine is 115k health at R7, but for now I have a crit avoidance arrow on him, which isn't ideal. His second special was doing 96k true damage before his basic was doing a double tap. The second attack boosts his max health 20% (stacking up to 100%), so that will ramp up quite nicely as the battle progresses. For phase 4, I'm going to swap in Marauder for SET.

I put him on defense in GAC with Malak and Marauder. They got one shot, but don't know who my opponent used to defeat them. My opponent set Malgus (R5) with BF and SET in the back territory. I had no GLs to spare, so I went in expecting to lose with GSky, Rex and Fives. But they won! It was a long battle, and went with the kill order of SET, BF, Malgus. Fives' sacrifice triggered late, so only GSky and Rex survived.

To be fair, this was only a R5 Malgus, so not sure how much to take from this one battle. I suspect he'll be much better in a full squad of 5.

Haven't watched any of the YouTubers playing with him yet, so don't know what their thoughts are on him.

Marc
Marc

https://swgoh.gg/p/616414628/

Back to top Go down

Post by Electricboa Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:06 pm

GAS seems to be a pretty hard counter to Malgus. I think even in 5v5 and with R9 Malgus. He might end up being one of those teams like Starkiller, where a lot of people save them for offense to beat GLs. I might have to pull my GAS off defense and actually plan on using him to counter Malgus.

Electricboa
Electricboa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down