Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Omicron: Darth Traya

3 posters

Go down

Omicron: Darth Traya Empty Omicron: Darth Traya

Post by Electricboa Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:05 pm

Old Final Text: When an ally suffers a debuff, Darth Traya gains +10% Bonus Protection (stacking) until the end of her next turn. At the start of each Sith ally's turn, Traya dispels all debuffs on them and deals damage equal to 5% of their Max Health (max 75%) for each debuff dispelled. When allied Darth Nihilus or Darth Sion are critically hit or inflicted with a debuff, Traya gains +12% Offense (stacking) for 2 turns.

New Final Text: When an ally suffers a debuff, Darth Traya gain 10% Bonus Protection (stacking) until the end of her next turn. At the start of each Sith ally's turn, Traya dispels all debuffs on them and deals damage equal to 5% of their Max Health (max 75%) for each debuff dispelled. When allied Darth Nihilus or Darth Sion are critically hit or inflicted with a debuff, Traya gains 12% Offense (stacking) for 2 turns.

While in Grand Arenas: Sith allies gain 40% Critical Damage, Max Health, and Offense. When a Sith ally suffers a debuff, they gain 10% Bonus Protection (stacking) until the end of their turn. At the start of each Sith ally's turn, Traya dispels all debuffs on them and all Sith allies gain 5% Critical Damage, Health Steal, Max Health, and Offense (stacking, max 100%) until the end of the encounter. When an allied Darth Talon is critically hit or inflicted with a debuff, Traya gains 12% Offense (stacking) for 2 turns. When an allied Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion, or Darth Talon's Health falls below 90% for the first time, their cooldowns are refreshed.
Electricboa
Electricboa
Admin

https://swgoh.gg/p/613136164/

Back to top Go down

Omicron: Darth Traya Empty Re: Omicron: Darth Traya

Post by Electricboa Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:09 pm

It honestly sounds pretty decent. I see they’re trying to make Talon more relevant to Traya, which I think is a losing battle with Malgus out there. Getting 5% Critical Damage, Health Steal, Max Health, and Offense for every debuff dispelled could snowball into a very dififcult team to take out. There’s probably going to be a lot of ways around that. Not using a debuff-heavy team would be the easiest, of course.

Does the cool down refresh mean Nihilus gets a free annihilate?
Electricboa
Electricboa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:58 am

Electricboa wrote:It honestly sounds pretty decent. I see they’re trying to make Talon more relevant to Traya, which I think is a losing battle with Malgus out there. Getting 5% Critical Damage, Health Steal, Max Health, and Offense for every debuff dispelled could snowball into a very dififcult team to take out. There’s probably going to be a lot of ways around that. Not using a debuff-heavy team would be the easiest, of course.

Does the cool down refresh mean Nihilus gets a free annihilate?

This omicron has my attention.

I agree Boa. It sure looks like Nihilus will get off a quick Annihilate. I was using the Sith Trio versus Malgus in 3v3. It worked really well as they survived long enough for Nihilus to take out Malgus.
Marc
Marc

https://swgoh.gg/p/616414628/

Back to top Go down

Post by Electricboa Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:11 am

Come to think of it, I think that might even be able to be exploited. This is Traya’s unique, not her leadership. Am I missing something, or could this be a way to make Nihilus lead more relevant? You convert all your protection to health, so it would be pretty easy to get Nihilus below 90% early on and get annihilate. Same with Sion. He’ll get Hatred very early, possibly giving you more of a cushion against bad RNG since he’ll be able to revive.

Not to mention that stacking bonus protection would be based off their max health. And as they get more debuffs, that could mean an extra 100% max health if it gets all the way to the max.

That’s assuming you don’t need Traya’s lead for enemies attacking out of turn.
Electricboa
Electricboa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Electricboa Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:24 pm

Well, I finally saw a video based around Nihilus lead with Traya omicron in 3v3:

It probably would work in 5v5 against LV, too. You figure you could have the trio plus Sidious for the healing immunity. Maybe a 5th, but it might not even be needed. I actually did give my Nihilus his leadership zeta a little while back just to do it.
Electricboa
Electricboa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Electricboa Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:46 pm

Hello Holotable Heroes,

The team is aware of these two items and are investigating them:

Traya's Omicron performance against Lord Vader
An issue with the AI targeting with Scythe

As always, thank you very much for your reports.

Welp, it was nice while it lasted.
Electricboa
Electricboa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Electricboa Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:25 pm

At least until CG nerfs it, I thought it might be useful to talk a little about it after trying it a few times. You guarantee a two-shot on pretty much any LV team. Most of the time, you can beat LV himself, but I’ve noticed it can occasionally time out. You won’t lose, but you might not be able to ramp your damage up fast enough.

I did find that the current Datacron that gives you offense, crit damage, and crit chance up on basic does make that more consistent by giving you more damage. Just hit auto and let them pound on LV. Really, I think auto basic might be the way to go when it’s just LV left anyway. You need Sidious to use his basic for healing immunity and you don’t really need Traya or Nihilus’ specials. If you watch the battle, you could always take it off auto to do a saber throw with Traya when LV is low.
Electricboa
Electricboa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laze Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:02 am

I finally tried the counter out of necessity. What I noticed is that you have a window to kill him in between ults. Once he ults he becomes immune to healing immunity and heals back up. It may be best to save your cooldowns until just after he ults. That way you can have Nihilus increase his cooldowns and delay ult as long as possible while you try to burst him down.

In my case, it was an R3 Traya vs R8 LV with 85% defense on the datacron. I was very close but didn’t quite have enough. Higher relics, faster mods with more offense, or more offense on my datacron all could potentially have pushed me over the top. I’m not sure how much crit damage would help since he’s immune beliw 80% health
Laze
Laze

https://swgoh.gg/p/736645715/

Back to top Go down

Post by Electricboa Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:20 am

In this specific example, crit damage is meaningless. Isolate will give you that normally when you attack, but under Nihilus lead, Sith cannot critically hit enemies anyway. I was mostly thinking about the offense up. You figure that’s +50%. Nihilus’ leadership gives you +60%. The omicron gives you a flat +40%. By the time LV is alone, I imagine you’ll already have the max +100% offense. That would be a total of 250% offense.

Then you’ve got the stacking offense on Traya when Nihilus gets critically hit or debuffed. That will be maximized after an AOE, which gives you the 6 DoTs and daze. Depending on LV and Traya’s speed, he could get one or two extra turns. Ideally, he’d also use his other special, which would be buff and healing immunity, plus two more DoTs. That would be another +132% offense for Traya, more if he gets another turn.

I think it might be beneficial to mod Traya more for offense if you want to use it against LV more often. Not to mention LV doesn’t have a ton of special defense and Traya’s attacks are all special. Sidious’ basic has a chance to ignore defense altogether, which is working now so he can get some decent hits in.

Really, I do wonder if Nihilus lead is even necessary. Traya lead doesn’t give you that much, and you lose the 60% offense, but Nihilus isn’t that much help when it’s just LV outside of the cool down increase. If you put Sion in there, his offense is more than double Nihilus and Hatred gives him an extra +100% offense against enemies with pain and break will does +100% damage to enemies who already have pain. You lose the ability to annihilate LV's team, but the stackign offense should let you brute force your way through them.

Another interesting possibility is Sidious lead. Survivability might be an issue there until they can start stacking up a lot of protection up. The extra crit damage won’t matter too much, but Sith allies get 2% offense on a critical hit. LV can be crit above 80% health, so it would trigger. 30 crits and you essentially matched the offense from Nihilus lead. Put it on auto for a while and that’s definitely possible, though it is only for the Sith who gets the crit. It’s not shared.
Electricboa
Electricboa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Electricboa Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:30 pm

And the fun is over:

In tomorrow's Update we will be adjusting Traya's Unique Omicron.

Our intention when we first implemented it was for her to be strong, we did not intend for her to be that strong. As time went on and more player battle data came in, we recognized this was a special case that needed us to come in and adjust.

We appreciate your patience as we had our team investigate the Omicron, figure out a proper adjustment, and then implement that adjustment.

For those of you who have Upgraded Traya's Unique Omicron, you will be receiving those materials back through an inbox message next week during one of our server updates.

-SWGOH Dev Team

At least they're doing a refund. I think the last time they changed an omicron, they didn't do that.
Electricboa
Electricboa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Electricboa Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:41 pm

For those of us who had Traya’s omicron before the refund, there was a decent chance we kept it for this past GAC under the nerfed functionality. The question is—is it still worth it? I think the answer is probably yes, but not as much of a priority as before. Before, you could stop LV, who is a popular defense GL. I think she works against JML, which wouldn’t have changed, but I don’t see him on defense too often and even if I do, SEE is probably a safer counter. DS GLs are the ones that usually have a bunch of debuffs, but are now immune to her omicron.

That being said, I think there is some value to it. On defense, it’s a scary team. Yes, your opponent could use a DS GL against it, but that does force them to use it on Traya instead of another team. If you have Savage’s omicron, that team can be even more powerful, but then you start making using a GL more palatable.

I think Traya is still going to mainly be an offense GL because of her flexibility. Whether you want to use her against a Dash team or maybe Grand Inquisitor, you can do a lot. I suspect that her main value is going to be against Inquisitors. Yes, their current Datacron will eventually expire, but they’ve had more Datacron love than any faction. Two specific Inquisitor faction and then a general Empire one. Over half the Datacrons we’ve gotten boost the team. They also tend to be able to utilize a lot of level 3 bonuses, too.

But the biggest thing is my mind is going to be Reva. She’s almost certainly going to make Inquisitors a force to be reckoned with in GAC. Her omicrons just make that more likely. I think it’s going to be a Malgus-like team. Right now, Traya is a hard counter to Inquisitors. Reva has some stuff that could make that less effective. Traya gets protection up, so her team is going to lose defense pretty quickly, even if it’s capped at 50%. Deathmark when purge is dispelled is going to be the tricky part. All that protection up could be necessary to survive. Not to mention the free cooldown reset. Reva can revive 3 times, so Nihilus might be the best way to stop that.

That being said, it might be a non-issue for most players. We have to see just how difficult the Reva mission is now. It’s very possible that she will be only for high GP guilds for a while. If that’s the case, an omicron to counter her might not be practical. Of course, she will still work against a lot of teams. Dash and Rogue One teams are going to be around for a while.

For me, I probably won’t give her an omicron for the time being. I still want to do Sidious for my guild and I’m looking at Reva’s leadership and special omicrons, depending on how long it’ll take us. I’m not expecting a huge drop in shards for her. Maybe for a TB or two, but we’re able to fill all the platoons for her mission, which should make it relatively easy. Saving up omicrons is slow and tedious, so there’s some chance that she might be close to unlocked by the time I do Sidious and save up two more. Assuming not really good comes out during that time. But Traya is on my radar down the line.
Electricboa
Electricboa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down